Thursday, April 3, 2014

A quick update

So I've been quite busy since the last post. The progress is very encouraging. And a lot of fun. Here's a screenshot of my very first raytraced image. (When I say 'first' I actually mean first):
There it is! Six red spheres on a green plane. Can't you see them? Well, at least I got the color right on the spheres.

Here's my latest image. As you can tell, it's come a long way.
I've implemented point lights, a diffuse shader, a reflective shader, plane intersection, and sphere intersection. The diffuse shader took me about 3 hours to write. Once that was working, the reflective shader took about 10 minutes. When I find some time, I'll implement a specular shader, then get started on anti-aliasing.
Fun fun fun!

Edit: And another screenshot with specular highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment